Suzuki GSX-S1000 Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Suzuki GSX S-1000, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Suzuki GSX oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your GSX oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 3 quarts of 10W-40 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker. Check out the Factory Racing Parts Suzuki Oil Change Kit for your Suzuki GSX.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 10W-40 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
- 17mm wrench or 17mm socket and ratchet
- Flat head screwdriver, 4mm allen wrench or socket
- Drain pan
- 67mm oil filter wrench (09915-40620)
- High-flash solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
Oil Change Instructions
- Situate the motorcycle so that it is vertical after warming up the engine.
- Remove the meter panel and fairings by removing the allen screws and plastic rivets. Make sure to disconnect the right and left signal connectors along with the right side meter coupler.
- Place the oil pan beneath the engine.
- Remove the engine oil drain plug to drain the oil.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
- Apply a thin coat of oil to the filter O-ring before filter installation.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and check oil level.
- Clean any residual oil from motorcycle and replace the removed parts.
- Start engine, check for leaks, add oil if necessary.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Suzuki GSX.
- Viscosity: SAE 10W-40
- Capacity: 3.1L (3.3 qt) (When filter is not removed.)
- Capacity: 3.3L (3.5 qt) (When filter is removed.)
Coolant Capacity: 0.8 gal.
- Oil change interval: 3,800 Miles
- Oil Filter: 16510-07J00
- Air Filter: 13700-04K00
- Battery: 33620-17K00
2017 Suzuki GSX-S1000
2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000
2020 Suzuki GSX-S1000
2017 Suzuki GSX-S1000F
2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000F
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000F
2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000Z
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000Z
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa is known for being one of the world's fastest production motorcycles. It gets its name from the Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa Japanese ground fighter plane.
- The oil holes of the GSX-R1000 crankshaft are inspected by the human eye using tiny precision cameras due to the extreme high-performance nature of the bikes; engines in other Suzukis are checked by machine.