PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We also collect information about you from third parties, such as marketing agencies and analytics and information providers. We may combine information we collect about you with information from third parties.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, Amazon Pay, or PayPal) email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We also use the information we gather to provide services to you and to respond to your inquiries. This includes:
- Providing services, including to:
- Register, create, and maintain your account;
- Allow you to purchase products online;
- Communicate with you regarding your account or any Services you use;
- Improve the convenience and functionality if our website;
- Evaluate applications.
- Manage our business and protect ourselves, you, other persons, and the Services.
- Provide a personalized experience and implement your preferences.
- Better understand our customers and how they use and interact with the Services.
- Market to you and provide personalized services, offers, and promotions on our websites and third-party websites.
- Provide you with location-specific options, functionalities, and offers.
- Comply with our policies and obligations, including, but not limited to, disclosures and responses in response to any requests from law enforcement authorities and/or regulators in accordance with any applicable law, rule, regulation, judicial or governmental order, regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction, discovery request, advice of counsel or similar legal process.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems.
- Provide customer service to you or otherwise communicate with you.
We may also process your personal information to fulfill the purposes for which you provide it, or with your consent.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us at https://poweroilcenter.com/pages/contact-us or by mail using the details provided below:
9804 West Primrose Lane
Edwards, IL 61528
If you use assistive technology and the format of this Privacy Notice interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us at 888-285-8117. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the preferred format in which to receive the material and your contact information.
You may contact us with questions and concerns about our privacy policies or practices by contacting us at https://poweroilcenter.com/pages/contact-us or 888-285-8117.
California Privacy Rights Notice
If you are a California resident, the following provisions apply to our processing of information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“California Personal Information”). For such residents, the provisions of this California Privacy Rights Notice prevail over any conflicting provisions of the Power Oil Center Online Privacy Notice.
California Personal Information We Collect
We may have collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months about you.
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to their name, signature, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as race, gender, age, disability status.)
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Within the last 12 months we have not shared California Personal Information in a manner that could be considered a “sale” under the California Consumer Privacy Act identified in the above categories (A)-(I).
Within the last 12 months, we may have disclosed California Personal Information identified in the above categories (A)-(I) for our business purposes. To learn more about the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, please see HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION.
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to business or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration which could be considered a “sale” under California law, without affirmative authorization.
USE OF CALIFORNIA PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the California Personal Information was collected.
YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information. Including:
The right to request that we disclose to you:
- specific species of personal information we have collected;
- categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
- categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information; and
- categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information.
The right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you which we have collected from you.
To the extent that we disclose California Personal Information for a business purpose, you may request that we disclose to you the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you as well as the categories of California Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
You may exercise these rights by:
- Calling us toll-free at 1-888-285-8117
- By completing our rights request form available for online consumers
As required under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide additional personal information as necessary to verify your identity in response to exercising requests of the above type. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
Subject to applicable law, we may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
Denying you goods or services;
Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. As permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request even if you choose to use an agent. We may deny a request by an agent if they fail to submit proof that they act on your behalf.