Suzuki Boulevard C9OT/B.O.S.S. Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Suzuki Boulevard, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Suzuki Boulevard oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Boulevard oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 4 quarts of 10W-40 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Factory Racing Parts Suzuki Boulevard Oil Change Kit for your Boulevard.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 10W-40 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
- 17mm wrench or socket and ratchet
- Drain pan
- 67mm oil filter wrench (09915-40620)
- High-flash solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
Oil Change Instructions
- Start the motorcycle and bring it up to operating temperature. This is best done by taking the bike for a quick ride.
- Situate the motorcycle so that it is vertical after warming up the engine.
- Gather your materials, including safety glasses and your rubber gloves.
- Place the oil pan beneath the engine.
- Remove the engine oil drain plug to drain the oil. Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench. Apply a thin coat of oil to the filter O-ring before filter installation.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and check oil level by using the dipstick after situating the motorcycle level to the ground.
- Start engine, check for leaks, add oil if necessary.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Boulevard.
- Viscosity: SAE 10W-40
- Capacity: 3L (3.2 qt) (When filter is not removed.)
3.2L (3.4 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 0.8 gal.
- Oil change interval: 3,800 Miles
- Air Filter: 13780-40H00,13780-40HB0
- Battery: 33610-03G10
- Oil Filter: 16510-07J00
2013 Suzuki VL1500 C90T 2014 Suzuki VL1500 C90T 2015 Suzuki VL1500 C90T 2016 Suzuki VL1500 C90T 2017 Suzuki VL1500 C90T 2018 Suzuki VL1500 C90T 2019 Suzuki VL1500 C90T 2013 Suzuki VL1500BT C90T B.O.S.S.
2014 Suzuki VL1500B C90 B.O.S.S.
2015 Suzuki VL1500B C90 B.O.S.S.
2016 Suzuki VL1500B C90 B.O.S.S.
2017 Suzuki VL1500B C90 B.O.S.S.
2018 Suzuki VL1500B C90 B.O.S.S.
2019 Suzuki VL1500B C90 B.O.S.S.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The 1984 GPz900R was the first Kawasaki Ninja. It was developed and built in the US with the US market as its target and continues to be one of the best selling sportbikes in the US. The bike is famous for being Maverick’s bike in the 1980s movie Top Gun.
- The paint that is used in the Ninja H2 and H2R contains pure silver as an ingredient and requires the precision of a robot to apply it. The final layer involves a chemical reaction that leaves no chance for any corrections.