Lexus LS500H RWD Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Lexus LS500H, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Lexus oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your LS500H oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 6 quarts of 0W-20 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 0W-20 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
- 10 and 14mm socket, ratchet, 3/8 extension
- Flathead screwdriver
- Drain pan
- Oil filter canister drain tool (supplied with new filter)
- 64mm oil filter wrench or Toyota filter wrench (39564-10944)
- High-flash solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change for 2018 - 2021
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter housing.
- Locate the perforated drain bolt cover and remove the two 10mm bolts holding it on.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 14mm wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Locate the oil filter cover and remove the 10mm bolts holding it on. The oil filter cover is located just forward of the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter housing drain cap with the 3/8 extension and then use the provided spout tool to drain the housing by pushing it up into the filter housing.
- Remove the oil filter housing using the 64 mm oil filter socket. Replace the oil filter along with the 2 O-rings on the filter housing.
- Reinstall and tighten the filter housing along with the housing drain cap.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks and then reinstall the removed covers.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Engine Maintenance Required Reset
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select Options on the multi-information display.
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select “Vehicle Settings”. Then press "OK".
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select “Scheduled Maintenance”. Then press "OK".
- Select “Yes” and press "OK" .
- A message will be displayed when the reset procedure has been completed.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Lexus LS500.
- Viscosity: SAE 0W-20
Capacity: 6L (5.7 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 2.9 gal(Eng.) / 0.6 gal.
- Power Control Unit
Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: 17801-31150
Battery Group: 48
- Oil Filter: 04152-YZZA1
2018 Lexus LS500H V6 3.5L rWD Hybrid
2019 Lexus LS500H V6 3.5L RWD Hybrid
2020 Lexus LS500H V6 3.5L RWD Hybrid
2021 Lexus LS500H V6 3.5L RWD Hybrid
DID YOU KNOW?
- Lexus is the latest of the luxury car brands to become available, with its first US models being available in 1989. Additionally from 1989-2005 the Lexus name was not used in Japan because the luxury car market was dominated by German and Italian cars at that time.
- The Lexus LFA uses a Yamaha designed engine coupled with the worlds first 8 speed automatic transmission that uses AI shifting technology that automatically changes gears when accelerating or braking.