Lexus LS500 RWD Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Lexus LS500 we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Lexus LS500 oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Lexus oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 6 quarts of 0W-20 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 10 and 14mm socket
- Drain pan
- 64mm oil filter wrench or Toyota filter wrench (39564-10944)
- High-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner), funnel
- 0W-20 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer.
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter.
- Locate the perforated engine drain bolt cover held on by two 10mm bolts and remove.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 14mm wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the front skid plate held on by four 10mm bolts to gain access to the oil filter.
- Remove the oil filter using the 64 mm oil filter socket.
- Reinstall and tighten the oil filter, being careful not to overtighten.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks and then reinstall the skid plate and the oil drain bolt cover.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Maintenance Required Reset
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select Options on the multi-information display.
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select “Vehicle Settings”. Then press "OK".
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select “Scheduled Maintenance”. Then press "OK"
- Select “Yes” and press "OK."
- A message will be displayed when the reset procedure has been completed.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Lexus LS500.
- Viscosity: SAE 0W-20
- Capacity: 5.6L (6.7 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 2.9 gal.
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: 17801-38060 ( 2 filters required)
- Battery Group: 48
- Oil Filter: 90915-10010
2018 Lexus LS500 V6 3.5L Twin Turbo
2019 Lexus LS500 V6 3.5L Twin Turbo
2020 Lexus LS500 V6 3.5L Twin Turbo
2021 Lexus LS500 V6 3.5L Twin Turbo
DID YOU KNOW?
- Lexus is the latest of the luxury car brands to become available, with its first US models being available in 1989. Additionally from 1989-2005 the Lexus name was not used in Japan because the luxury car market was dominated by German and Italian cars at that time.
The Lexus LFA uses a Yamaha designed engine coupled with the worlds first 8 speed automatic transmission that uses AI shifting technology that automatically changes gears when accelerating or braking.