Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Kawasaki Ninja oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Ninja oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 4 quarts of 10W-40 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 17mm wrench or 17mm socket and ratchet
- Drain pan
- 65mm oil filter wrench (57001-1249)
- High-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
- 10W-40 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
Oil Change Instructions
- Start the motorcycle and bring it up to operating temperature. This is best done by taking the bike for a quick ride.
- Situate the motorcycle so that it is vertical after warming up the engine.
- Gather your materials, including safety glasses and your rubber gloves.
- Place the oil pan beneath the engine.
- Remove the engine oil drain plug to drain the oil.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
- Apply a thin coat of oil to the filter O-ring before filter installation.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and check oil level.
- Start engine, check for leaks, add oil if necessary.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Ninja ZX-14.
- Viscosity: SAE 10W-40
- Capacity: 3.7L (3.9 qt) (When filter is not removed.)
- Capacity: 4.1L (4.3 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 1 gal.
- Oil change interval: 3,000-7,000 miles depending on riding conditions
- Air Filter: 11013-0014
- Battery: 26012-0946
- Oil Filter: 16097-0008
2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14
2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14
2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14
2010 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14
2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14
DID YOU KNOW?
- The 1984 GPz900R was the first Kawasaki Ninja. It was developed and built in the US with the US market as its target and continues to be one of the best selling sportbikes in the US. The bike is famous for being Maverick’s bike in the 1980s movie Top Gun.
- The paint that is used in the Ninja H2 and H2R contains pure silver as an ingredient and requires the precision of a robot to apply it. The final layer involves a chemical reaction that leaves no chance for any corrections.