Ford Expedition V6 3.5L Ecoboost Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Ford Expedition, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Expedition oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Ford oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 6 quarts of 5W-30 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 15mm socket, 8mm socket, ratchet, 3/8 extension
- Drain pan
- Oil filter socket or wrench
- Rags, high-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
- 5W-30 engine oil
- Oil filter.
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter housing.
- Remove the 4 bolts holding on the engine splash guard and remove from vehicle, this will allow access to the drain bolt.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 15mm wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain. Note: Vehicles made before 3/18 will have a yellow plastic drain bolt. Simply turn this by hand or with a pair of pliers being careful to not break the tabs.
- Inspect the drain bolt Oring for any tears then tighten.
- Locate the oil filter on the front of the engine just above the front cross member.
- Remove the oil filter using an oil filter socket or pliers and let drain. Depending on which way the vehicle is leaning, excess oil from the filter will either drain out from the front oil trough, which is easily visible, or the rear trough which drains just behind the front metal skid plate.
- Replace the oil filter and clean the surrounding area.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks and then reinstall the splash guard.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Oil Life Reset
- Press the SETUP button repeatedly to cycle through until OIL LIFE % is shown.
- Press and release the SETUP button to display OIL LIFE percentage.
- Once the OIL LIFE SET TO 100% release the SETUP and button.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Expedition.
- Viscosity: SAE 5W-30
- Capacity: 5.7L (6 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 4.7 gal
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: FL1883
- Battery Group: 65
- Oil Filter:FL500S
2018 Ford Expedition Ecoboost 3.5L
2019 Ford Expedition Ecoboost 3.5L
2020 Ford Expedition Ecoboost 3.5L
2021 Ford Expedition Ecoboost 3.5L
2022 Ford Expedition Ecoboost 3.5L
DID YOU KNOW?
- The first car released by Ford was actually the Model A however the Model T is what made Ford such a success.
- Ford is currently the Fourth largest family run business in the world. The largest being Walmart.