Ford E-Series V8 7.3L Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Ford E-Series, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Ford E-Series oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Ford E-Series oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 8 quarts of 5W-30 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5W-30 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
- 13mm socket or wrench, ratchet
- Drain pan
- 93mm oil filter socket or wrench
- High-flash solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 13MM wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain.
- The drain bolt is the lowest bolt on the oil pan. Inspect the drain bolt Oring for any tears and then tighten.
- Locate the oil filter just to the side of the oil pan.
- Remove the oil filter using an oil filter socket or pliers and let drain. Replace the oil filter after filling with oil and lubricating the top oring. Make sure to clean the surrounding area of any oil residue.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Oil Life Reset
- Turn the ignition key to the on position. The engine can also be running for this procedure.
- Use the arrows on the steering wheel to select DRIVER ASSIST then OIL LIFE.
- Press and hold the OK button until the instrument cluster displays RESET SUCCESSFUL.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your E-Series.
- Viscosity: SAE 5W-30
Capacity: 7.3L (8 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 5.7 gal.
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: FA1950
- Cabin Filter: FP92
- Battery Group: 65
- Oil Filter: FL820S
2021 Ford E-350 V8 7.3L
2022 Ford E-350 V8 7.3L
2020 Ford E-450 V8 7.3L
2021 Ford E-450 V8 7.3L
DID YOU KNOW?
- The first car released by Ford was actually the Model A however the Model T is what made Ford such a success.
- Ford is currently the Fourth largest family run business in the world. The largest being Walmart.
- The Godzilla V8 7.3L is the largest displacement gasoline engine ever produced by the Ford Motor Company.