Ford Bronco V6 2.3L Ecoboost Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Ford Bronco V6 Ecoboost, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Ford Bronco oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Bronco oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 6 quarts of 5W-20 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Craftsman Ford Bronco Oil Change Kit for your V6 Ecoboost.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 15mm socket, ratchet, extension
- Oil filter socket or pliers
- Drain pan
- High-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner), funnel
- 5W-30 engine oil
- Oil filter
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter housing.
- Use the 15mm socket and ratchet to remove the 6 bolts holding on the engine splash guard.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and then locate the oil drain bolt just in front of the cross member.
- Use the 15mm socket and ratchet to remove it and let drain.
- Locate the oil filter on the drivers side of the engine. This is best removed with oil filter pliers but can also be accessed through the drivers side wheel well.
- Once the filter is loose let it drain into the oil passage that will direct the oil to the underside of the vehicle where it can be collected.
- Replace the oil filter making sure to lubricate the top O-ring.
- It is not necessary to pre fill the filter with oil.
- Replace the oil drain bolt after inspecting the O-ring and clean the surrounding area.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil.
- Crank the engine using the Flat Foot Cranking feature by holding down the gas and brake pedal while cranking the engine for one cycle in order to prime the oil system.
- The engine will not start. You can then release the pedals to start the vehicle normally.
- Check for any leaks and then reinstall the engine splash guard.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary
Engine Oil life reset
- Turn the ignition key to the on position.
- For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the START/STOP button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal.
- The engine can also be running for this procedure.
- Use the arrows on the steering wheel to select SETTINGS then VEHICLE then OIL LIFE.
- Press and hold the OK button until the instrument cluster displays RESET SUCCESSFUL.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Craftsman Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Ford Bronco.
- Viscosity: SAE 5W-30
- Capacity: 5.9L (6.2 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 2.7 gal.
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: FA2022
- Cabin Filter: FP93
- Battery Group: 94R
- Oil Filter: FL2062AA
2021 Ford Bronco V6 2.7L Ecoboost
2022 Ford Bronco V6 2.7L Ecoboost
DID YOU KNOW?
- The first car released by Ford was actually the Model A however the Model T is what made Ford such a success.
- Ford is currently the Fourth largest family run business in the world. The largest being Walmart