Ford Bronco Sport Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Ford Bronco Sport, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Bronco Sport oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Bronco Sport oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 6 quarts of 5W-20 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5W-20 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
- 13mm socket,15mm socket, ratchet
- T30 Torx bit or wrench
- Drain pan
- Oil filter socket or wrench
- High-flash solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter housing.
- Remove the T30 torx and 13mm bolts holding on the front skid plate and remove from vehicle, this will allow access to the oil filter and drain bolt.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 15 mm wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain.
- Inspect the drain bolt Oring for any tears and then tighten. Locate the oil filter just across from the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter and let drain. Replace the oil filter and clean the surrounding area.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks and then reinstall the skid plate.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Oil Life Reset
- Turn the ignition key to the on position. For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the START/STOP button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal. The engine can also be running for this procedure.
- Use the arrows on the steering wheel to select SETTINGS then VEHICLE then OIL LIFE.
- Press and hold the OK button until the instrument cluster displays RESET SUCCESSFUL.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Bronco Sport.
- Viscosity: SAE 5W-30
Capacity: 5.2L (5.5 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 2.2 gal.
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: FA1939
- Cabin Filter: FP89
- Battery Group: 48
- Oil Filter: FL910S
2021 Ford Bronco 2.0L Ecoboost
2022 Ford Bronco 2.0L Ecoboost
DID YOU KNOW?
- The first car released by Ford was actually the Model A however the Model T is what made Ford such a success.
- Ford is currently the Fourth largest family run business in the world. The largest being Walmart.