Toyota Tacoma V6 3.5L Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Toyota Tacoma, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Tacoma oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Toyota oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 6 quarts of 0W-20 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Factory Racing Parts Toyota Tacoma Oil Change Kit for your Tacoma
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 0W-20 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Oil filter canister drain tool (supplied with new filter)
- Crush washer
- 12 and 14mm sockets
- Ratchet, 3/8 extension
- Drain pan
- 64mm oil filter wrench or Toyota filter wrench (39564-10944)
- High-flash solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter housing.
- Remove the bolts holding on the front skid plate and remove from vehicle if vehicle is equipped with one.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 14mm wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter housing drain cap with the 3/8 extension and then use the provided spout tool to drain the housing by pushing it up into the filter housing.
- Remove the oil filter housing using the 64 mm oil filter socket.
- Replace the oil filter along with the 2 O-rings on the filter housing.
- Reinstall and tighten the filter housing along with the housing drain cap.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks and then reinstall the skid plate.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Maintenance Life Reset
- Turn the engine switch off.
- While pressing the "ODO/TRIP" button turn the engine switch to the "ON" position.(do not start the engine because the reset mode will be canceled)
- Continue to press and hold the button until the odometer displays “000000”.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Tacoma.
- Viscosity: SAE 0W-20
- Capacity: 5.8L (6.2 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 2.8 gal.
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: 17801-0P100
- Battery Group: 34R
- Oil Filter: 90915-YZZA1
2016 Toyota Tacoma V6 3.5L
2017 Toyota Tacoma V6 3.5L
2018 Toyota Tacoma V6 3.5L
2019 Toyota Tacoma V6 3.5L
2020 Toyota Tacoma V6 3.5L
2021 Toyota Tacoma V6 3.5L
2022 Toyota Tacoma V6 3.5L
DID YOU KNOW?
- Toyota vehicles are so reliable that eighty percent of Toyotas sold 20 years ago are still on the road today.
- Toyota is the world's leading manufacturer of hybrid vehicles with more than 1,700,000 Toyota hybrids currently on the road.