Suzuki M109R B.O.S.S. Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Suzuki M109R, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Suzuki M109R oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Suzuki oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 4 quarts of 10W-40 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Factory Racing Parts Suzuki Oil Change Kit for your Suzuki M109R B.O.S.S.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 10W-40 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
- 17mm wrench or socket and ratchet
- Drain pan
- 67mm oil filter wrench (09915-40620)
- High-flash solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
Oil Change Instructions
- Start the motorcycle and bring it up to operating temperature. This is best done by taking the bike for a quick ride.
- Situate the motorcycle so that it is vertical after warming up the engine.
- Gather your materials, including safety glasses and your rubber gloves.
- Place your drain pan under the oil drain bolt.
- Remove the engine oil drain bolt to drain the oil.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter with your oil filter wrench.
- Replace the oil filter with a new one after applying oil to the new filter gasket.
- With a high-flash point solvent, clean the oil filter guard and surrounding area of any excess oil.
- Tighten the filter with your oil filter wrench.
- Pour in the 10W-40 motor oil. See our Service Information below to see how much your M109R needs.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your M109R.
- Viscosity: SAE 10W-40
- Capacity: 3.4L (3.6 qt) (When filter is not removed.)
- Capacity: 3.6L (3.8 qt) (When filter is removed.)
Coolant Capacity: 0.8 gal.
- Oil change interval: 3,000-7,000 miles depending on riding conditions
- Oil Filter: 16510-07J00
- Air Filter: 13780-48G20, 13701-48G20
- Battery: 33610-03G10
2013 Suzuki VZR1800 M109R BOSS
2014 Suzuki VZR1800 M109R BOSS
2015 Suzuki VZR1800 M109R BOSS
2016 Suzuki VZR1800 M109R BOSS
2017 Suzuki VZR1800 M109R BOSS
2018 Suzuki VZR1800 M109R BOSS
2019 Suzuki VZR1800 M109R BOSS
2020 Suzuki VZR1800 M109R BOSS
2021 Suzuki VZR1800 M109R BOSS
2022 Suzuki VZR1800 M109R BOSS
DID YOU KNOW?
- The 1985 GSX-R 750 was considered the first "race-replica" with its street legal, detuned version of the works GS1000R racer. It was ultra light weight using magnesium parts along with a race style tachometer that didn't even register until 3000rpms.
- The oil holes of the GSX-R1000 crankshaft are inspected by the human eye using tiny precision cameras due to the extreme high-performance nature of the bikes. Engines in other Suzukis are checked by machine.
- The Suzuki “S” logo was adopted in 1958 but wasn't trademarked until 2015.