Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Suzuki Hayabusa, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Suzuki Hayabusa oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Hayabusa oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 4 quarts of 10W-40 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Factory Racing Parts Suzuki Hayabusa Oil Change Kit for your Hayabusa.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 17mm wrench or 17mm socket and ratchet
- Flat head screwdriver
- 4mm allen wrench or socket
- Drain pan
- 67mm oil filter wrench (09915-40620)
- High-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner),
- 10W-40 engine oil, oil filter, crush washer
Oil Change Instructions
- Start the motorcycle and bring it up to operating temperature. This is best done by taking the bike for a quick ride.
- Situate the motorcycle so that it is vertical after warming up the engine.
- Gather your materials, including safety glasses and your rubber gloves.
- Remove the right side cowling by removing the allen screws and plastic pop-rivets.
- Place the oil pan beneath the engine.
- Remove the engine oil drain plug to drain the oil. Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
- Apply a thin coat of oil to the filter O-ring before filter installation.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and check oil level.
- Clean any residual oil from motorcycle and replace the right side cowling.
- Start engine, check for leaks, add oil if necessary.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Hayabusa.
- Viscosity: SAE 10W-40
- Capacity: 3.1L (3.3 qt) (When filter is not removed.)
- 3.3L (3.5 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 0.8 gal.
- Oil change interval: 3,800 Miles
- Air Filter: 13780-15H00
- Battery: 33610-48E20
- Oil Filter: 16510-07J00
2008 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2009 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2010 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2011 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2012 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2013 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2014 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2015 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2016 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2017 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2019 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
2020 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa is known for being one of the world's fastest production motorcycles. It gets its name from the Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa Japanese ground fighter plane.
- The 1999 Hayabusa had a top speed of 194mph. The following year fears of a European regulatory backlash or import ban led to an informal agreement between the Japanese and European manufacturers to govern the top speed of their production motorcycles at 186mph. This makes the unrestricted 1999 Hayabusa highly sought after by collectors.