Suzuki GSX-R 600 Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Suzuki GSX-R 600, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Suzuki GSX-R 600 oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your GSX-R oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 3 quarts of 10W-40 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Factory Racing Parts Suzuki Oil Change Kit for your GSX-R.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 17mm wrench or 17mm socket and ratchet,
- Flat head screwdriver,
- 4mm Allen wrench or socket,
- Drain pan,
- 67mm oil filter wrench (09915-40620),
- High-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner), funnel,
- 10W-40 engine oil,
- Oil filter,
- Crush washer
Oil Change Instructions
- Start the motorcycle and bring it up to operating temperature. This is best done by taking the bike for a quick ride.
- Situate the motorcycle so that it is vertical after warming up the engine.
- Gather your materials, including safety glasses and your rubber gloves.
- Place your drain pan under the oil drain bolt.
- Remove the left side cowling by removing the Allen screws and plastic pop-rivets.
- Make sure to remove the engine hoses from the holder in the fairing.
- Place the oil pan beneath the engine.
- Remove the engine oil drain plug to drain the oil.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
- Apply a thin coat of oil to the filter O-ring before filter installation.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and check oil level.
- Clean any residual oil from motorcycle and replace the left side cowling.
- Start engine, check for leaks, add oil if necessary.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your GSX-R.
- Viscosity: SAE 10W-40
- Capacity: 2.4L (2.5 qt) (When filter is not removed.)
- 2.6L (2.5 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 0.8 gal.
- Oil change interval: 3,800 Miles
- Air Filter: 13780-14J00
- Battery: 33610-14G11
- Oil Filter: 16510-07J00
2011 Suzuki GSX-R 600
2012 Suzuki GSX-R 600
2013 Suzuki GSX-R 600
2014 Suzuki GSX-R 600
2015 Suzuki GSX-R 600
2016 Suzuki GSX-R 600
2017 Suzuki GSX-R 600
2018 Suzuki GSX-R 600
2019 Suzuki GSX-R 600
2020 Suzuki GSX-R 600
2021 Suzuki GSX-R 600
DID YOU KNOW?
- The 1985 GSX-R 750 was considered the first "race-replica" with its street legal, detuned version of the works GS1000R racer. It was ultra light weight using magnesium parts along with a race style tachometer that didn't even register until 3000rpms.
- The oil holes of the GSX-R1000 crankshaft are inspected by the human eye using tiny precision cameras due to the extreme high-performance nature of the bikes. Engines in other Suzukis are checked by machine.