Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Kawasaki Vulcan 900, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Kawasaki Vulcan 900 oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Vulcan oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 4 quarts of 10W-40 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Factory Racing Parts Kawasaki Vulcan Oil Change Kit for your Vulcan 900.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 10W-40 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
- 17mm wrench or socket and ratchet
- Drain pan
- 65mm oil filter wrench (57001-1249)
- High-flash solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
Oil Change Instructions
- Start the motorcycle and bring it up to operating temperature. This is best done by taking the bike for a quick ride.
- Situate the motorcycle so that it is vertical after warming up the engine.
- Gather your materials, including safety glasses and your rubber gloves.
- Place your drain pan under the oil drain bolt.
- Remove the engine oil drain bolt to drain the oil.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter with your oil filter wrench.
- Replace the oil filter with a new one after applying oil to the new filter gasket.
- With a high-flash point solvent, clean the oil filter guard and surrounding area of any excess oil.
- Tighten the filter with your oil filter wrench.
- Pour in the 10W-40 motor oil. See our Service Information below to see how much your Vulcan needs.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Vulcan 900.
- Viscosity: SAE 10W-40
- Capacity: 3.0L (3.2 qt) (When filter is not removed.)
- 3.2L (3.4 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 0.7 gal.
- Oil change interval: 3,000-7,000 miles depending on riding conditions
- Air Filter: 11013-0015
- Battery: 26012-0094
- Oil Filter: 16097-0008
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2013 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2015 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2016 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2018 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2019 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2021 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2013 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2015 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2016 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2018 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2019 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
2021 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
DID YOU KNOW?
- The 1984 GPz900R was the first Kawasaki Ninja. It was developed and built in the US with the US market as its target and continues to be one of the best selling sportbikes in the US. The bike is famous for being Maverick’s bike in the 1980s movie Top Gun.
- The paint that is used in the Ninja H2 and H2R contains pure silver as an ingredient and requires the precision of a robot to apply it. The final layer involves a chemical reaction that leaves no chance for any corrections.