Ford Super Duty V8 6.2L Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Ford Super Duty, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Ford oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Super Duty oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 7 quarts of 5W-30 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Factory Racing Parts Ford Oil Change Kit for your Super Duty.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5/8 socket or wrench, ratchet, drain pan
- 93mm oil filter socket or wrench
- Rags, high-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
- 5W-30 engine oil
- Oil filter.
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change for 2017 to 2021
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter housing.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 5/8 wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain. The drain bolt is the lowest bolt on the oil pan.
- Inspect the drain bolt Oring for any tears and then tighten. Locate the oil filter just to the side of the oil pan. Remove the oil filter using an oil filter socket or pliers and let drain.
- Replace the oil filter after filling with oil and lubricating the top oring. Make sure to clean the surrounding area of any oil residue.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks. Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Engine Oil and Filter Maintenance Required Reset
- Turn the ignition key to the on position.
- For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the START/STOP button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal.
- The engine can also be running for this procedure. Use the arrows on the steering wheel to select SETTINGS then VEHICLE then OIL LIFE.
- Press and hold the OK button until the instrument cluster displays RESET SUCCESSFUL.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Super Duty.
- Viscosity: SAE 5W-30
Capacity: 6.7L (7 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 5.7 gal.
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: FA1928
- Cabin Filter: FP79
- Battery Group: 65
- Oil Filter: FL820S
2017 Ford F-250 V8 6.2L
2018 Ford F-250 V8 6.2L
2019 Ford F-250 V8 6.2L
2020 Ford F-250 V8 6.2L
2021 Ford F-250 V8 6.2L
2022 Ford F-250 V8 6.2L
2017 Ford F-350 V8 6.2L
2018 Ford F-350 V8 6.2L
2019 Ford F-350 V8 6.2L
2020 Ford F-350 V8 6.2L
2021 Ford F-350 V8 6.2L
2022 Ford F-350 V8 6.2L
DID YOU KNOW?
- The first car released by Ford was actually the Model A however the Model T is what made Ford such a success.
- Ford is currently the Fourth largest family run business in the world. The largest being Walmart