Ford Explorer 3.0 Ecoboost Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Ford Explorer, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Ford Explorer oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Explorer oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 5 quarts of 5W-30 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Craftsman Ford Explorer Oil Change Kit for your Explorer.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 27mm socket, 7mm socket, ratchet,
- Drain pan
- Flathead screwdriver, pliers
- Rags, high-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
- 5W-30 engine oil
- Oil filter.
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter housing.
- Remove the 7mm bolts and plastic rivets holding on the engine splash guard and remove from vehicle, this will allow access to the drain bolt.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and using your fingers turn the yellow plastic drain plug by hand or with a pair of pliers being careful to not break the tabs.
- Inspect the drain bolt Oring for any tears then tighten.
- Locate the oil filter housing on the top if the engine just behind the airbox and remove with the 27mm socket.
- Replace the oil filter and Orings on the housing and then reinstall.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks and then reinstall the splash guard.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Engine Maintenance Reset
- Press the SETUP button repeatedly to cycle through until OIL LIFE % is shown.
- Press and release the SETUP button to display OIL LIFE percentage.
- Once the OIL LIFE SET TO 100% release the SETUP and button.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Craftsman Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Ford Explorer.
- Viscosity: SAE 5W-30
- Capacity: 5.7L (6 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: FL1884
- Battery Group: 48
- Oil Filter:FL2062-A
2020 Ford Explorer Ecoboost 3.0L
2021 Ford Explorer Ecoboost 3.0L
2022 Ford Explorer Ecoboost 3.0L
DID YOU KNOW?
- The first car released by Ford was actually the Model A however the Model T is what made Ford such a success.
- Ford is currently the Fourth largest family run business in the world. The largest being Walmart.