Ford Expedition V6 3.5L Ecoboost Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Ford Expedition, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Ford Expedition oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Expedition oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 6 quarts of 5W-30 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5W-30 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
- 15mm socket, 8mm socket, ratchet, 3/8 extension
- Drain pan
- Oil filter socket or wrench
- High-flash solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter housing.
- Remove the 4 bolts holding on the front skid plate and remove from vehicle, this will allow access to the oil filter and drain bolt.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 15mm wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain.
- Inspect the drain bolt O-ring for any tears then tighten.
- Remove the center square rubber plug on the underside of the truck to allow excess oil to drain from the oil filter tray upon removal.
- Oil will also come out of the hole in the rectangular detent portion of the skid plate located next to the square hole.
- Locate the oil filter behind a rubber flat retained by 4 half turn plastic fasteners on the front drivers side of the engine. This is accessed from the underside of the vehicle.
- Remove the oil filter using an oil filter socket or pliers and let drain. This is a messy process.
- Replace the oil filter and clean the surrounding area.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks and then reinstall the skid plate and square oil drain plugs.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Oil Life Reset
- Press the SETUP button repeatedly to cycle through until OIL LIFE % is shown.
- Press and release the SETUP button to display OIL LIFE percentage.
- Once the OIL LIFE SET TO 100% release the SETUP and button.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Expedition.
- Viscosity: SAE 5W-30
Capacity: 5.7L (6 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 4.7 gal.
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: FL1883
- Battery Group: 65
- Oil Filter:FL500S
2015 Ford Expedition Ecoboost 3.5L
2016 Ford Expedition Ecoboost 3.5L
2017 Ford Expedition Ecoboost 3.5L
DID YOU KNOW?
- The first car released by Ford was actually the Model A however the Model T is what made Ford such a success.
- Ford is currently the Fourth largest family run business in the world. The largest being Walmart.