Toyota Tacoma L4 2.7L Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Toyota Tacoma, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Toyota Tacoma oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Tacoma oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 4 quarts of 10W-40 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Factory Racing Parts Toyota Oil Change Kit for your Tacoma.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 14mm wrench or 14mm socket and ratchet
- 12mm socket
- Drain pan
- 64mm oil filter wrench
- High-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
- 0W-20 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter housing.
- Remove the front skid plate if equipped with one.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 14mm wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
- Add a small amount of oil to the new filter making sure to lubricate the O-ring.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks around the oil filter and drain bolt and then replace the skid plate if equipped.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Maintenance required reset 16-17
- Turn the engine switch off.
- While pressing the "ODO/TRIP" button turn the engine switch to the "ON" position.(do not start the engine because the reset mode will be canceled)
- Continue to press and hold the button until the odometer displays “000000”.
Maintenance required reset 18-22
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select "Options" on the multi-information display.
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select “Vehicle Settings”. Then press "OK".
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select “Scheduled Maintenance”. Then press "OK".
- Select “Yes” and press "OK" .
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Tacoma.
- Viscosity: SAE 0W-20
- Capacity: 5.8L (6.2 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 2.3 gal.
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: 17801-0C040
- Battery Group: 34R
- Oil Filter: 90915-YZZD1
2016 Toyota Tacoma L4 2.7L
2017 Toyota Tacoma L4 2.7L
2018 Toyota Tacoma L4 2.7L
2019 Toyota Tacoma L4 2.7L
2020 Toyota Tacoma L4 2.7L
2021 Toyota Tacoma L4 2.7L
2022 Toyota Tacoma L4 2.7L
DID YOU KNOW?
- Toyota vehicles are so reliable that eighty percent of Toyotas sold 20 years ago are still on the road today.
- Toyota is the world's leading manufacturer of hybrid vehicles with more than 1,700,000 Toyota hybrids currently on the road.