Suzuki GSX250R Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Suzuki GSX250R, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Suzuki GSX250R oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your GSX250R oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 4 quarts of 10W-40 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Factory Racing Parts Suzuki Oil Change Kit for your GSX250R.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 17mm wrench or 17mm socket and ratchet
- Flat head screwdriver
- 4mm allen wrench or socket, drain pan
- 67mm oil filter wrench (09915-40620)
- High-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner), funnel,
- 10W-40 engine oil, oil filter, crush washer
Oil Change Instructions
- Situate the motorcycle so that it is vertical after warming up the engine.
- Remove the right side and center cowling by removing the allen screws and plastic pop-rivets
- Place the oil pan beneath the engine.
- Remove the engine oil drain plug to drain the oil.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
- Apply a thin coat of oil to the filter O-ring before filter installation.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and check oil level.
- Clean any residual oil from the exhaust and replace the removed cowlings.
- Start engine, check for leaks, add oil if necessary.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Suzuki GSX250R.
- Viscosity: SAE 10W-40
- Capacity: 2.0L (2.1 qt) (When filter is not removed.)
- 2.2L (2.3 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 0.4 gal.
- Oil change interval: 3,800 Miles
- Air Filter: 13780-48H00
- Battery: 33610-33E20
- Oil Filter: 16510-07J00
2018 Suzuki GSX250R
2019 Suzuki GSX250R
2020 Suzuki GSX250R
2021 Suzuki GSX250R
DID YOU KNOW?
- The 1985 GSX-R 750 was considered the first "race-replica" with its street legal, detuned version of the works GS1000R racer. It was ultra light weight using magnesium parts along with a race style tachometer that didn't even register until 3000rpms.
- The oil holes of the GSX-R1000 crankshaft are inspected by the human eye using tiny precision cameras due to the extreme high-performance nature of the bikes. Engines in other Suzukis are checked by machine.