Suzuki GSX Katana Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Suzuki GSX-1000 Katana, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Katana oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Suzuki oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 4 quarts of 10W-40 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 10W-40 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
- 17mm wrench or socket and ratchet
- 4mm Allen wrench or socket
- Flat head screwdriver
- Drain pan
- 67mm oil filter wrench (09915-40620)
- High-flash solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
Oil Change Instructions
- Start the motorcycle and bring it up to operating temperature. This is best done by taking the bike for a quick ride.
- Situate the motorcycle so that it is vertical after warming up the engine.
- Gather your materials, including safety glasses and your rubber gloves.
- Remove the left under cowling and place the oil pan beneath the engine.
- Remove the engine oil drain plug to drain the oil.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
- Apply a thin coat of oil to the filter O-ring before filter installation.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and check oil level.
- Clean any residual oil from motorcycle and replace the left under cowling.
- Start engine, check for leaks, add oil if necessary.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your GSX-1000 Katana.
- Viscosity: SAE 10W-40
- Capacity: 3.1L (3.3 qt) (When filter is not removed.)
- 3.3L (3.5 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 0.8 gal.
- Oil change interval: 3,800 Miles
- Air Filter: 13700-04K00
- Battery: 33620-17K00
- Oil Filter: 16510-07J00
2020 Suzuki GSX-S1000S Katana
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa is known for being one of the world's fastest production motorcycles. It gets its name from the Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa Japanese ground fighter plane.
- The oil holes of the GSX-R1000 crankshaft are inspected by the human eye using tiny precision cameras due to the extreme high-performance nature of the bikes; engines in other Suzukis are checked by machine.