Lexus IS300 AWD Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Lexus IS300, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your IS300 oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Lexus oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 4 quarts of 0W-20 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Craftsman Lexus Oil Change Kit for your IS300 AWD.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 0W-20 engine oil
- Oil filter
- Crush washer
- 10 and 14mm socket, ratchet, 3/8 extension
- Drain pan
- Oil filter canister drain tool (supplied with new filter)
- 64mm oil filter wrench or Toyota filter wrench (39564-10944)
- High-flash solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner)
Oil Change Instructions
Oil Change Instruction
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter housing.
- Remove the 3 bolts holding on the oil filter access panel.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 14mm wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain.
- Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one and tighten the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter housing drain cap with the 3/8 extension and then use the provided spout tool to drain the housing by pushing it up into the filter housing.
- Remove the oil filter housing using the 64 mm oil filter socket.
- Replace the oil filter along with the 2 O-rings on the filter housing.
- Reinstall and tighten the filter housing along with the housing drain cap.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks and then reinstall the access panel.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Maintenance Required Reset
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select Options on the multi-information display.
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select “Vehicle Settings”. Then press "OK".
- Use the arrows of the meter control switches and select “Scheduled Maintenance”. Then press "OK".
- Select “Yes” and press "OK" .
- A message will be displayed when the reset procedure has been completed.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Craftsman Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Lexus IS300 AWD.
- Viscosity: SAE 0W-20
- Capacity: 6.4L (6.8 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 2.6 Gal.
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Oil Filter: 04152-YZZA5
- Air Filter: 17801-31170
- Battery Group: 34
2016 Lexus IS300 AWD V6 3.5L
2017 Lexus IS300 AWD V6 3.5L
2018 Lexus IS300 AWD V6 3.5L
2019 Lexus IS300 AWD V6 3.5L
2020 Lexus GIS300 AWD V6 3.5L
DID YOU KNOW?
- Lexus is the latest of the luxury car brands to become available, with its first US models being available in 1989. Additionally from 1989-2005 the Lexus name was not used in Japan because the luxury car market was dominated by German and Italian cars at that time.
- The Lexus LFA uses a Yamaha designed engine coupled with the worlds first 8 speed automatic transmission that uses AI shifting technology that automatically changes gears when accelerating or braking.