Ford Mustang L4 2.3L Ecoboost Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Ford Mustang, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Mustang oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Mustang oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 5 quarts of SAE 5W-30 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Craftsman Ford Oil Change Kit for your Mustang.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 15mm socket, ratchet
- Drain pan
- Oil filter socket or wrench
- High-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner), funnel
- 5W-30 engine oil
- Oil filter
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 15 mm wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain.
- The drain bolt is the lowest bolt on the oil pan and is facing towards the rear of the vehicle.
- Inspect the drain bolt O-ring for any tears and then tighten.
- Locate the oil filter just to the side of the drain bolt
- Remove the oil filter using an oil filter socket or pliers and let drain.
- Replace the oil filter and clean the surrounding area.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Oil life reset
- Turn the ignition key to the on position. For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the START/STOP button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal.
- The engine can also be running for this procedure. Use the arrows on the steering wheel to select SETTINGS then VEHICLE then OIL LIFE.
- Press and hold the OK button until the instrument cluster displays RESET SUCCESSFUL.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Craftsman Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil in your Mustang.
- Viscosity: SAE 5W-30
- Capacity: 5.7L (6 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 3.8 gal.
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: FA1918
- Cabin Filter: FP78
- Battery Group: 65
- Oil Filter: FL910S
2018 Ford Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost
2019 Ford Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost
2020 Ford Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost
2021 Ford Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost
2022 Ford Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost
DID YOU KNOW?
- The first car released by Ford was actually the Model A however the Model T is what made Ford such a success.
- Ford is currently the Fourth largest family run business in the world. The largest being Walmart.