Ford Fiesta L4 1.6L Ecoboost Oil Change Guide
If you are planning on changing the oil in your Ford Fiesta L4, we've got all of the information you need to get the job done. Below we've got instructions for your Ford Fiesta oil change, all of the service information you'll need, fun facts, and a video to walk you through your Fiesta oil change step-by-step.
For more help, we offer motorcycle oil change kits to give you everything you need for your oil change: 4 quarts of 5W-20 synthetic oil, an oil filter, a crush washer, a funnel, and an oil change reminder sticker.
Check out the Factory Racing Parts Ford oil change kit for your Fiesta L4.
HOW TO VIDEO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 13mm socket, ratchet
- Drain pan
- Oil filter socket or wrench
- High-flash point solvent (like brake cleaner, acetone, or paint thinner), funnel
- 5W-30 engine oil
- Oil filter.
Oil Change Instructions
Engine Oil and Filter Change
- After warming up the engine safely situate the vehicle so that you can access the drain bolt and oil filter housing.
- Place the drain pan beneath the engine and use the 13 mm wrench or socket to remove the drain bolt and let drain.
- Inspect the drain bolt O-ring for any tears and then tighten.
- Locate the oil filter just above the drain bolt.
- Remove the oil filter and let drain. Replace the oil filter and clean the surrounding area.
- Pour in the specified amount of oil and then start the engine to circulate and build oil pressure, then shut off.
- Check for any leaks and then reinstall the skid plate.
- Check engine oil level and add oil if necessary.
Engine Oil Life Reset
- Turn the ignition key to the on position. Do not start the engine.
- For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the START/STOP button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal.
- Do not attempt to start the engine.
- Press both the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time
- Keep both pedals fully pressed. After a few seconds the wrench light will go out.
- Release both the accelerator and brake pedals.
- Rotate the key to the off position.
- For vehicles with push-button start, press the START/STOP button to turn the vehicle off completely.
Get Everything You Need In One Box
A Factory Racing Parts Oil Change Kit comes with the oil, filter, crush washer, funnel, and oil change sticker you need to change the oil on your Ford Fiesta.
- Viscosity: SAE 5W-20
- Capacity: 4L (4.3 qt) (When filter is removed.)
- Coolant Capacity: 1.7 gal (14-17)
- Coolant Capacity: 2.2 gal. (18-19)
- Oil change interval: 10,000 Miles
- Air Filter: FA1914
- Cabin Filter: FP69
- Battery Group: 65
- Oil Filter: FL910S
2014 Ford Fiesta L4 1.6L Ecoboost
2015 Ford Fiesta L4 1.6L Ecoboost
2016 Ford Fiesta L4 1.6L Ecoboost
2017 Ford Fiesta L4 1.6L Ecoboost
2018 Ford Fiesta L4 1.6L Ecoboost
2019 Ford Fiesta L4 1.6L Ecoboost
DID YOU KNOW?
- The first car released by Ford was actually the Model A however the Model T is what made Ford such a success.
- Ford is currently the Fourth largest family run business in the world. The largest being Walmart.